Thursday, May 14, 2009

Frugal Tip #2 Using Scholastic to its fullest potential!

I do not think there is a teacher out there who has not heard of Scholastic. I am sure many of you have fond memories of the book fairs from when you were a child. In fact, Scholastic is celebrating its 60th birthday!

I always get excited when I hear about a book fair coming to my school, but more recently, I have discovered the power of their book clubs. Enrolling in the book clubs is completely free plus you earn fantastic rewards and coupons when your parents place an order. The fliers arrive quickly in your school mailbox ready to go home with your students! This is a great frugal way to stock your classroom with much needed books for your classroom library!

I have found that the best months to encourage your parents to buy from Scholastic are August/September and January. This is the time that Scholastic offers the biggest reward bonus points for orders. If you order $200.00 or more, you get 5,000-6,000 bonus points on top of the regular points you earn! Plus, you get $20.00 to spend and 3 free books! Wow! Talk about a great money saving strategy! Of course, I send the fliers home every month because you can get extra deals, coupons, and free books monthly!

Scholastic even offers easy ways to remind your parents to place orders. They offer free printable monthly newsletters with reading tips and literacy strategies for parents to implement at home, order reminder letters, and letters to tell your parents they can order online! You can even set up online ordering for your parents! I love Scholastic!

In a few short months, I have earned over 10,000 bonus points. The bonus catalog offers lots of classroom items at great bonus point prices. If you save enough, you can even get an ipod or Mac computer! I use the bonus points during Christmas to get book certificates for student gifts during Christmas. They also have great $1.00 books I get for the kids with my bonus points!

You should also take advantage of the book fairs; even though, you tend to get better deals with the book clubs. You can sign up for a book wish list and parents can buy the books off of your list when they are purchasing books for their children. Scholastic sometimes offers book fairs that donate one book to your school library for every book purchased. Plus, the book fair we are currently having is giving the teachers $20.00 to spend! What a great way to get free things for your class! Oh and of course, the proceeds help your school!

Go ahead, take full advantage of Scholastic with these money saving bonuses!

http://www.scholastic.com/

p.s. This is NOT a paid review. I just enjoy saving money while still earning wonderful materials for my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment